15 Jan 2020
Job Title/Academic rank :
School of Business
Phone Number :
Eugene is an Assistant Lecturer and Head of department Finance at the University of Rwanda-College of Business and Economics. He is a consultant and researcher.
He has done a number of research work for both private and Public Institutions in the fields of finance and Management, He has partnered with a team of consultants to do a Tracer Study of the School of Finance and Banking Almuni. He has a teaching experience of more than 8 years in a higher learning Institution (SFB) and also the University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics (UR-CBE). He has been the Head of the Consultancy Unit of the former School of Finance and Banking and also the University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics where he has been responsible of generating supporting financial resources to School of Finance and Banking and as well as for the University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics for almost 5 years. He also headed the Center for Executive Education and Professional training of the School of Finance and Banking.
Together with his teaching career at the University, Eugene is currently the Coordinator of the Trade Policy training Centre in Africa (TRAPCA) of the Eastern and Southern Africa Management Institute (ESAMI) at the University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics. He has also served as the Executive Council Member of the former School of Finance and Banking and later was appointed the Executive Member of the College Council of the College of Business and Economics (CBE), University of Rwanda. He is also an active member of the RSPI (Rwanda Society of Performance Improvement) as a Vice President in Charge of Membership.
Areas of research interesT : Finance and business
Education & OTHER Credentials
1. PhD Scholar- University of Rwanda-College of Business and Economics-2017-todate
2. MBA-Finance : Maastricht School of Management (MsM), Netherlands, 2011.
3. BBA-Finance : School of Finance and Banking (SFB), 2008.
4. Certified Trainer of Trainers : University of Lumberg (Germany) on the STEP (Student training for Entrepreneurship Promotion) program, 2012.
5. A Certified Trainer of Trainers : Rwanda Institute of Cooperatives, Microfinance and Entrepreneurship (Cash Flow-Based Lending Model), 2014.
Other Activities :
Consultant/ Researcher/Lecturer/Certified Entrepreneurship Trainer